Tuesday, March 29, 2005

No Tsunami, Thank God.

When I heard that there had been another earthquake in the same region in Indonesia yesterday, I was really worried that there would be a repeat of the December disaster.

In January I donated to tsunami relief in the name of Carol Shellhorn, who I worked with for a brief time last year in September and October.

She was vacationing in Thailand with her husband when the wave hit. He made it, she didn't. Here in the office we still have her postcard from her journey through Africa, which she completed before catching up with her husband for Christmas. I still think about her a lot.

The kicker is, I wouldn't have the job that I have now if she were still alive -- they wanted to bring her back as a consultant but had to settle for me.

Please continue to donate to the ongoing relief effort, particularly in light of the recent temblor.

No comments: